Monday, August 2, 2010

Kueh Lapisan - 九层糕


Promised my grandma-in-law to try out this kueh lapisan long time ago and finally made it this round.

With my creativity, I've added some corn-puree to the last layer :)
With or without the corn-puree, I feel that the texture of the kueh was not as soft/light as what we usually bought in the market.

Those that bought in the market normally covered with oily-surface, however taste wise not as good as mine. Maybe I need to adjust the amount of water called in the recipe accordingly. Recipe calls for 280ml-375ml warm water, but I only added 260ml.

Ok, talking about the photo, hahahaa.. my daughter complained that how come her head was "chopped-off".. I said my focus should be on the kueh and not her but still, I let her squeezed in. She accepted the explanation happily ^.^


1 comment:

  1. I don't know which recipe you used but fenying's recipe is good. I have it in my blog if you are interested to try it out.

    http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.com/2009/03/family-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete