Thursday, July 8, 2010

Buttermilk Mix Fruits and Orange Scones


Well, 1st attempt and I like the smell and the texture and the taste... already made 2nd batches ^.^

The recipe calls for raisin but I only have mix fruits and it works well! Even if I've bought raisin now, I will stick to mix fruits =)

One thing I would like to highlight here is the use of orange zest gives the HIT of the scones and try not to opt-out this if you ever want to try.

I made this on Sunday and put them in the freezer. I will take few of them in the fridge before I go sleep so that in the morning, I can just take it out and bake in the oven ^.^

Almost forgot 1 more thing, I didn't pat my scones' dough into flat-round-disk and cut into wedges (stated in the recipe) as I found that it was a bit too big piece for breakfast. I actually take a small portion of the dough and roll to rectangular shape about 3"Lx2"Wx1/2"H.

Original recipe from a book I borrowed from Jurong Regional Library, will go back home and check out the name of the book and also write down the recipe =)

No comments:

Post a Comment