Friday, November 13, 2009

4 Layered Mocha Cake


A very interesting recipe. It was supposed to be 12 layered cake but I think it would be very hard to eat, so I didn't go for 12 ^.^ 4 layered, to be exact, it should call 6 layered including the mocha buttercream and chocolate buttercream :D









My lovely daughter helping me with the decoration, her favorite part in baking:


The cake was very soft and believe it or not, it didn't call for butter except for the buttercream <-- which obviously need BUTTER :)

The mocha flavor was just nice and the meringue layer was so special with the walnuts & peanuts (original calls for pecan ONLY but I've no pecan, so using walnut + grated peanuts instead), it gives a special crunchy bite ^.^

It was simple but need a lot of time to prepare. I will want to try out the chocolate mousse cake next!

No comments:

Post a Comment