Thursday, August 13, 2009

Butterfly Chocolcate Cake

I came across a website that show a lot of videos on how to make kids birthday cakes and this attracted me to visit and navigate around for the cakes' design =) There's my son's favorite TRAIN, my daughter's favorite BUTTERFLY, and I like the DINOSOUR :)

So I decided to try making my 1st frosting/icing and 1st chocolate cake. Then my daughter wanted to join in for frosting the cake and in-charge for the decoration =)

The result:


My daughter decorated this butterfly cake together with my maid from 10PM till 11PM plus and she still feeling excited for the cake. After me nagging for many times (cause tomorrow is school day), she finally went to bed with the happy adventure :)

We kept the cake in the fridge for 1 day so that it's easier to handle and it takes 2 hours to let the cake frosting set before the decoration. We cut the cake the next day @ 8PM cause we want everyone to see the cake first before "destroying" it :P

The cake was too sweet for me, but my maid loved it! And my daughter only aim for the frosting and candies on top :P The texture was a bit hard even after we took it out for 30 minutes :P The purpose of the cake is to try out the frosting and decoration, so I just grab any chocolate cake recipe from internet without much research/survey :P

If you are interested, kindly do a search @ google.com for butterfly birthday cake video. It should be the 1st result from howdini =) Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. 蝴蝶身上顏色很燦爛哦...不過 她的身體中間的 看起來好像膠擦咧...你們兩母女到底放了甚麼在蝴蝶身上阿

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mei Yee,

    Those were candies =) the decoration was managed by my daughter and her lovely maid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we visited the same site. I like the dinosaur too :)

    ReplyDelete