Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pandan Layered Cake & the making of

Chinese people always say "乱乱来", Singaporean says "don't play play"... and while baking this Pandan Layered Cake, I was like combination of both, first I "don't play play", carefully follow each steps based on the recipe, but at the end, I "乱乱来" already because dinner time and kids having a "war" at the living room. I gotta finish up everything and help to feed the hungry-monsters!

Here's the result:


The end product is what Hokkien people always say "buey-pai leh..". It's delicious-yummy!!! (I will share the recipe later) Although the skin is not as presentable as it should be, which I suppose to apply the dessicated coconut/coconut flakes but I couldn't find it at the shop downstairs :P But "watlau-eh", as long as it taste nice, "bor-chap arh"....

Btw, I'm not hokkien, neither Singaporean.

From then... I love to follow the recipe from Agnes Chang.

Baked on 02 Aug 2009.



%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

THE MAKING OF...




On 11th August 2009 (Tuesday night), I was assigned to prepare birthday cake for grandma-in-law's 83-year-old birthday celebration. I was stressed cause I'm newbie ler... So, I called up to aunt (my husband's 姑姑, grandma-in-law's daughter) and asked what is it all about.

So, after clarifying with her (she said since I was practicing on baking, so can bake for ahma lor...), I decided to make 2 pandan layered cakes. Why this cake? Cause I can't really make chiffon cake to bring over cause it's too simple (although it's yummy) and pandan layered cake was the only choice that I've tried so far.

The look was nice, the taste was commented to be too sweet :P hahahaa, cause I thought it should be put in the fridge before serving as the sweetness will not be too much when it's cold. And my dear grandma-in-law loves sweetness.

But end up we took it out earlier at the restaurant checking how many candles we need to put lar, how do we need to serve lar... bla bla bla.. then birthday song lar... then photo taking lar..... hahahaa..and there's go the sweetness. And even my grandma-in-law also asked "ehh.. why so sweet arh?" :P

I will remember not to add more sugar next time as I forgot there were lot of kids around also, shouldn't have done so, not good for them.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


2 comments:

  1. 很有心思!!你一定很有滿足感 因為老人家生日 你的傑作就成為大家的目標

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really =) the KIDs were get all the attention ^.^

    they running here and there... they blow the candles with grandma-in-law.. they happy eating the cake... hahahaa..

    ReplyDelete