Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to my boy!

My assignment is to make a train birthday cake and get it ready on 20th August 2009!

My younger son (soon-to-be 2-year-old) loves "Thomas & His Friends" and by calling his name, he will not respond to you. But if you mention the characters' name, e.g. James, Thomas, Percy, Gordon, Henry and so on... .or "Tuuut tuuUuuut... ding3 dong3 ding3 dong3" sound, he will quickly come to you :)

I plan to make James Birthday Cake and these are my challenges:

  1. What cake to bake? It must be firm enough to allow me cut and form James.

  2. What decoration? I feel like just James alone will be too "lonely", should I also make the grass, railway (too tough :P) and

  3. When to bake the cake and do the decoration?



Hhahaaa.. I wanted to form a JAMES' look train, but end up, this is how my boy's train looks like, I felt that it looks like truck or bus :P

FRONT:


BACK:


SIDE:


It was a dark chocolate layered glazed cake. My husband and I went to buy the candies to decorate the train =)

The most important thing is, my son loves it! He said "tuuuu tuuuu, ding dong ding dong" when he first saw the cake and he keep kissing the cake ^.^ I'm contented =)

5 comments:

  1. Hi

    I must say the birthday cake is so lovely.

    Cheers
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for dropping by ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOOOOO!!!!!
    you are so geng~~~ very beautiful ler... i can imagine your son shout tuut tuuu ding dong ding dong...hahhahah.
    if me, sure i cannot make it...
    besides, you have a sweet husband too, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 老實說 醬多個產品 我最喜歡這個!!有立體造型 難怪你兒子一看就認出來是他喜歡的卡通

    ReplyDelete
  5. you surely can, i believe you would try doing one for your ai-ren :)

    ReplyDelete