Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chocolate Chips and Raisin Cupcakes

This is a wait and wait and wait cupcakes. Why? Because the recipe told me so :P

Yeast was part of the ingredient and it takes time to react on the mixture.
So, I mixed the first batch of ingredients, cover with cling wrap and let it rest for more than 45 minutes. The recipe stated only rest for 45 minutes and I let it rest more than that because I went to NTUC Fair Price with my husband and kids to buy something :P hahahahaa... I can't just sit there to wait for the yeast to do the job right?

By the time I reach home, the mixture was double in bulk, which it was meant to be :)

Then, I combined raisin, chocolate chips and some melted baking chocolate chips that was cut into small pieces. The recipe instructed to let the mixture to rest for a while again, but I didn't as I think I let it rest enough :P So, I applied the beaten egg on top of the cupcakes and baked @ 200C for 20 minutes. Yes! I read the recipe 3 times to confirm on the heat and timing, it's really 200C and 20 minutes, kind of high heat and long timing compare to what I've baked so far.

The taste as in sweetness was just right. BUT, it's kinda dry and when you have a bite together with the raisin, it felt like you chewing some 'moist' dessicated coconut :P hahahaaa, not sure where went wrong, maybe my mistake for not letting the mixture to rest for the 2nd time after combing the raisin and chocolate chips. :P Will try again and see if I can fix this =)

Why I use 'some melted baking chocolate chips and was cut into small pieces (since it was melted already)'?

I melted this baking chocolate chips wrongly for the crispy cookies (I should have used chocolate couvertures for the crispy cookies) and I felt that it would be wasted to throw away. So I cut it into a small pieces (it was kept in the fridge, so I have to cut into small pieces) and added into this cupcakes, That's why you can notice there's big pieces of chocolate in the cupcakes =P

Baked on 10 Aug 2009.

1 comment:

  1. 雖然樣子比較...可是裡面打開了 看起來應該很美味 因為很豐富的樣子 哈哈

    ReplyDelete