Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Orange Chocolate Chips Cookies


I love browsing HappyHomeBaking blog as I can feel the sweetness and happiness every time she wants to prepare/bake something for the love ones =)

I prepared this cookies based on her recipe (Drop Cookies) but I replaced the vanilla extract with orange essence so that it would smell like orange (which my kids love it but they not able to eat orange cause it will cause the phlegm).

It really taste great! And not hard for them to bite ^.^ I even give it to my soon-to-be-one-year-old baby boy! hahahaaa.. He enjoys it!



Happy! Happy! HappyHomeBaking replied my concerns:
There could be a few reasons for the burnt edges:

- You could have left the butter too soft before creaming. It should be still firm and yet will not give a glossy appearance when you use it to cream it with the sugar.
- You may have over-mixed the batter (butter/sugar mixture), it should be fluffy and not appear greasy/creamy & soft. Over mixing may cause the cookies to flatten out and thus causing the edges to get burnt.
- Not sure whether you do this, but do not place cookie dough on warm baking tray. The tray should be cool off before using. The heat will cause the cookie dough to spread out before it goes in the oven.
- You can try chilling the dough in the fridge for 30 mins before baking.
Hope this helps.

I'm so happy to get reply from HHB and I'm planning to bake this cookies again this weekend cause it's "out-of-stock" already ^.^




No comments:

Post a Comment