Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coconut flakes cookies

Wondering I should call it "coconut flakes" or "dessicated coconut". It came in a package in dried-form, first time i saw this :P I came from Malaysia and normally we will get this fresh from the coconut through the shredding machine.

I bought it last month to decorate the pandan-layered-cake that I baked. So, I still left A LOT of it and wanted to do something about it.


I remembered a recipe that bake coconut cake but end up, it was calling for sweetened-dessicated-coconut :P don't know how to "sweetened" it :P Then, I found a recipe that bake the cookies. Here's the outcome:

I added some chocolate rice and colorful sprinkles to make it look nicer. At first, I put it in a small cupcake paper. But it ended stick on the paper. Then I put it on the cookie-sheet and lazy to apply the butter which the recipe instruct to do so :P So, I end up be a good gal and apply the butter cause the 2nd attempt, some of the cookies still stick on the cookie-sheet :D

Taste nice but a bit too hard to chew for kid. But the smell of coconut will "attract" you keep going for it ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment