Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Victoria Sandwich

Actually can't really called it "sandwich" as I didn't try to cut into 2 layer and apply jam/cream :) Why? Cause...

1. I need to bake for another cake on the same time, so no time to do this.
2. My initiate attend is to do the crispy sponge cake slice as finger-food for my kids, so don't really want to make sandwich.
3. I used different pan instead of the recipe's 8inch-round-pan :P So, the cake kind of slim to be cut into 2 layers :D

Here's the result before and after cut into slices:


Slices:



The above slices is not slim enough. I actually divided them into 2 groups. One which we can still taste the victoria cake, the other half I cut them into slices and put them into oven again for 40minutes @ 130C to make them crispy =)



Confession:
This wasn't my 1st attempt but 2nd. As I didn't manage to take a photo of my 1st attempt production, I took it on my 2nd attempt =)
The 1st attempt cake texture was solid/hard as my mixer "out-of-services" half way beating the egg+sugar :P so, my cake was not fluffy :S That's why i turned all of them into crispy sponge cake during my 1st attempt.

As for 2nd attempt, I like both cake and crispy texture... so I made both ^.^

This is extremely easy to bake, 4 ingredients: sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla extract (but I substitute with orange essence) ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment