Monday, May 24, 2010

Apam Balik


I missed this as I was only able to enjoy this when I was back to Malaysia (also with the condition the aunty open for business during my stay :P)


I was so happy being able to come across this recipe from Pei-Lin @ Dodol & Mochi.

Take a closer look and oh-la-la.....!!!

The recipe enough to make 5-6 5/6" diameters apam balik:


Ingredients:
(A)
- 200ml warm water
- 1t yeast
- 120g breadflour
- 30g tapioca flour/starch
- 35-45g sugar (to taste)
- 1/4t salt

(B)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml oil
- 1/2t alkaline water (substituted: 1/2t baking soda + 1/2t water)

Filling:
- Finely crushed roasted peanuts
- Castor sugar
- Roasted sesame seed
- Canned-style corn
- salted butter (I used margarine)

Method:
1. Mix (A). Mix till lump free and cover cling wrap to proof for 30mins or till doubled and bubbly. (Or can let it proof in the fridge the night before and warm up 10 mins next morning)
Please note: If not proof yet, add a bit warm water and rest/cover 15mins


2. In another mixing bowl, mix (B) and add into proved (A).

3. Heat non-stick pan and pour batter till desired thickness (I used 1/2C+a little bit more). (1st pc: 120C, subsequent 140C, I'm using induction cooker. Cover for 1min.)

4. Cover with lid and cook till surface bubbly (not stick). Sprinkle half of the pancake with topping/fillings.

5. Fold the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment