Monday, May 24, 2010

Yummy Pineapple Jam

Very nice pineapple jam made by my maid, ah-sih!

Initially, I wanted her to use the BM256 to do the job by setting it to jam function. Unfortunately, the kneading processing only took 5mins, the rest was just heating without stirring. Of course, the end result not satisfying.

So, she kept the jam for the next day. Using a food processor to blend the finely chopped pineapple and stirring under low-heat for 20-30mins and she was so happy with the result! And she jumping to joy when I show her this photo, ohHHhhh.. cantiknya! (in Malay means beautiful!)

Still, i was wondering if I should only finely chopped the pineapple or I should use food processor to process the pineapple and bake using the breadmaker. I will find out with my next attempt for sure!

Also, last but not least, thanks for chop chop a to z for the simple pineapple jam recipe!


Ingredients (modified to my taste):
- 2 medium ripe fresh pineapple (I bought Malaysia Honey Pineapple from NTUC, 2 for $2.50)
- 1C sugar (I've added 2T later, adjust to your preference)
- 3T lemon juice
- 1/8t ground cinnamon

Method
1. Peel skin and Finely chopped pineapple till small or blend it using food.
processor.
2. Combine all ingredients and keep stirring @ low-heat for 20-30mins or under thickened with only little bit of liquid. Cool down and keep in jar.

Please note: I split into 2 small container. 1 kept in the fridge (more) and another (lesser) at room temperature. And I will transfer to room whenever I finished.

My way of storing might be different from others as the life-span of the pineapple jam is definitely shorter as I like pineapple jam and use it to be filling for bread as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment