Monday, May 17, 2010

Pork Floss and Raisin Loaf

Yes, I like both pork-floss and raisin. Well I should put it this way: my kids love raisin and my husband loves pork-floss. And it was very troublesome to divide and shape the small dough one-by-one, so I decided to divide the dough into 2, 1 rolled up with raisin and another with pork-floss.

This is great ideal as my maid (Indonesian) can enjoy her raisin part while leave the pork-floss part for others :P

I've tried cottony soft sweet loaf recipe from Angel. The result was nice:


Then I came across water roux method from Dodol & Mochi and wanted to give a try. It was indeed softer and more fluffy. However I wonder if the way I prepare my water roux is correct or not :P cause when I mix the rest of the ingredients with water roux, the dough couldn't be formed, it's too runny. I ended up adding a little bit bread flour.

But luckily, the end result was nice:




Ingredients & Method:
For water roux:
1:5 = breadflour:water = 20g breadflour: 100ml water
1. Mix and put in saucepan or double-boiler.
2. Keep stirring till reach the stage.
3. Put in bowl, cover with cling wrap till touches surface of the water roux. Keep in fridge if not use (up to 3 days max).

For bread/dough:
- 80g water
- 1 egg
- 85g water roux
- 250g breadflour
- 20g milk powder
- 1/2t salt
- 40g sugar (I used 60g)
- 1t yeast
- 30g butter

Method:
1. Put ingredients according to breadmachine's instruction.
2. Dough function.
3. Add butter after 7-8mins of kneading.
4. Normally I will take out dough after kneading complete and do the proofing (60mins) at room temperature in a bowl that covers with cling wrap.
5. De-gas, divide and rest 10mins.
6. Shape/put filling and place in pan, final proofing 30-40mins/doubled the size.
7. Brush egg wash and bake on preheat oven @ 180C/15-20mins. Cover with foil to avoid burning on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment