Monday, May 17, 2010

My First 烧包

haahaaa.. I'm soOOoo happy with the result ^.^
I was a bit worry of the outcome cause the I felt the skin a bit too thick.. But I was wrong as the thickness will contribute to the layers of the flaky skin of the entire feature!

BEFORE:


AFTER:


woOOoohoOOOoo!!! Now, let's take a look at the "inner beauty":



It's definitely worth the effort of preparing it!
The filling was a bit too salty and it should have sweetness instead. I will try to bake this again! For sure!!

Thanks Jane for sharing this recipe! Muacks!

And thanks to my little helper:





Ingredients:
For the skin:
- outer: 200g plainflour, 35g oil, 1T sugar, 90ml water [mix together till smooth and rest 30mins cover with cling wrap]
- inner: 100g cakeflour, 60g shortening/ghee (i used vegetable-shortening bought from NTUC) [mix till form dough, DO NOT overmix, else will become sticky]
For the filling: (I've modified/added others to my taste)
- roasted-meat(叉烧肉) around 160g-180g, 1 big-onions cut into pieces, 1/2C of green-beans+carrot, 2T-3T of sesame oil, salt+sugar+honey+oyster sauce to taste.

Method:
1. Prepare filling: fried onions with sesame oil, add in roasted meat, then green-beans+carrot. Then add salt+sugar+honey+oyster sauce to taste :) Set aside till cool down. To be used later.
2. Wrap 1 outer-skin to wrap 1 inner-skin, roll-out and roll-up. Repeat once. Roll 2 edges together and rest 10mins.
3. Roll to round disc and wrap filling, brush egg-wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
4. Bake on preheat oven @ 200C/25-30mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment